NEW MEMBERS – Introduce Yourself!

M+M Home Forums Mix + Network + Socialize NEW MEMBERS – Introduce Yourself!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
    • toya is mindful
      Participant

Hello sisters! My name is Toya and I am a mindfulnista! I care about the issues that are relevant to black woman’s mental wellness and love and support you my dear sister <3 I live in Virginia with my family. I’m married with 6 youngins. I work from home helping clients with online brand management(social media, producing live stream shows etc) I like working from home because I usually have the ability to deal with folks …when I feel like it ?
      My mental illness journey…I think I dealt with a case of depression when I was pregnant with my youngest child. I could not move out the bed, I could not do anything, I did not understand why but I just couldn’t. It was not morning sickness y’all. This went on for 3 months and then finally just went away.
      I have always had dear friends who deal with mental issues and really felt and feel helpless as to how I can show I care without getting on their nerves…so I just listen when they talk to me and try to stay out the way when they are not feeling so great. I’m looking forward to learning in this beautiful community and become a better friend. Thank you for cultivating this environment for us @Regina!!!!

• Regina Renaye
      Keymaster

Hey Toya is Mindful. Thank you for joining us and thank you for your kind words. We hope you get something out of being a part of this community!

• Keisha

Hey hey, I’m Keisha aka Kei. I’m married with 2 dogs. I love to travel along side my hubby working his DJ business. I am a full time entrepreneur assisting online business coaches and other online business owners get organized, automated and free to do the things they love to do in their businesses. Since joining the Mindful + Melanated community I have learned some great ways to deal with stress and some possible underlying mental issues that may exist for me (I have not been diagnosed). Being surrounded by this group of ladies let’s me know that I am not alone in the way that I feel, think and do. It also has helped me learn new ways to support my friends and family who have been diagnosed.

Aside from learning more about how to be mindful + melanated, I am also the Mindful+Melanated affiliate manager and intermittent executive assistant to Regina Renaye. If you have not become an affiliate, please do so asap and if you have any issues please send an email to hello@mindfulandmelanated.com.

• toya is mindful
      Participant

Thank you so much!

• toya is mindful
      Participant

Hey Kei, I think many of us have underlying issues that we may not know about, thanks for bring that up. Affiliate program? What?! We can get paid for sharing this goodness? Awesome!!!

• lisarobinson67
      Participant

Hello Everyone!! My name is Lisa. I’m a single 53 y/o who lives with my 21 year old daughter’who is living with a diagnosis of severe bipolar and her 2 toddler sons, 4 and 3, who I have had guardianship of and raised since birth. Although she is currently in a great space and has been using the quarantine as a time to finally learn to parent and bond with the boys.

I have had my own relationship with mental illness…being diagnosed with bipolar and ptsd. I have been involved with therapy since childhood, after trauma at a young age. Ì used to work as an outreach worker and community educator. My health issues have caused me to need to stop working, but I try to remain active in the community as much as I can.

• Michelle
      Participant

Good Morning! My name is Michelle. Im very, very happy to join this community. I suffer with depression and bipolar disorder2. ( the labels kill me!) I have two businesses that support snd empower women, and I’m a Parent Advocate for Autistics/Parents/Caregivers. The struggle navigating everything on my plate is VERY REAL. There are days when the thought of just lying in bed ALL DAY, and eating junk, seems like a GREAT IDEA. I know thats not at all practical. Im here to maintain my mental heslth, snd hopefully help others do tge same. We are in this together

• LaToya
      Participant

Hi everyone! My name is LaToya and I am the owner of a DBM company. I am married with 3 kiddos who I absolutely love and adore.

Growing up I was under the impression that seeking assistance for anything dealing with your health was bad or meant you were a failure so at a young age I had to deal with body issues and anxiety on my own. As I got older I realized there is nothing wrong with wanting help and asking for it. Today I am better with handling my anxiety and panic attacks because I know when I need to reach out for help and I do it without hesitation.

I am VERY grateful for Mindful and Melanated! It helps me show my kids and other people around me that help is out there and we have access to it.

• lisarobinson67
      Participant

Hello Again!! I am RE-introducing myself! I am Lis. 50+ on the East Coast. Disabled Grandma. A lifetime community activist. Currently writing my memoir, while at the same time putting together a 2nd book that will feature a blend of poetry and some of my blog entries. Haven’t quite figured out yet how that is gonna meld together…but I know I want it to. Happily re-finding my voice and my fuel after a few years of dealing with some underlying depression that had me wanting to just sort of isolate.

• TGirl
      Participant

T Girl here! Whewwww chile. Where should I begin?

I’m more than self aware and at times I feel like I’m over aware. I just cannot “unsee”, “unhear” not a darn thing. Early on I started to realize how sensitive I was to the field of mental health and emotional intelligence, feeling everything that everyone felt…all the heaviness, vibes, energies, triggers, the world’s injustices, certainly became exhausting. The world calls me a Heyoka Empath. (I hate titles/labels). I always had this face that read “Talk to me. Come on, tell me all about it.”…perhaps because I come from a long line of “powerful” matriarchs and that’s just what we learn to do…take on the world (sometimes to our detriment). All my younger self ever wanted to do was help people and be their rock. I found “food” to fight all my (their) pain and after about 80lbs+ (and all the crap that comes with that) had to check myself. I had to learn how to harness this “Heyoka Empath” thing and ultimately found fitness, nature, and mindfulness as my self-care sanctuaries and methods to unload and release. I will not/cannot be everything to everybody. I have no problem letting go of things and people that absolutely drain me. I learned the art of saying “No” to others and a “Hell Yes!” to me, and still be able to be a support to others when I can. I reframe my mistakes and keep it moving.

With all of that mentioned, I care wayyyyy to much about people to let them suffer in silence, when I know and am living proof that people can and do get better. One day at a time. One day at a time.

So happy to be journeying with ya’ll! Let’s talk about it and be about it!

MY SISTAS

• Hypnotist
      Participant

Hi all,

I’m LaVerne Denise, a certified hypnotist, who believes in the power of the subconscious mind, especially when it comes to healing, and improving the quality of our lives! Hypnosis has been proven to dramatically reduce – or eliminate – anxiety, pain, stress, low self-esteem, phobias, and addictions such as smoking or over eating.

I also provide sound baths (featuring a Tibetan singing bowl and a rainstick) to enhance the meditative experience..

Educating people of color (POC) about what hypnosis is, and is not, and introducing them to its wonderful, therapeutic benefits is my passion. Hypnosis Heals!

• Regina Renaye
      Keymaster

Thank you so much for introducing yourself ladies. I look forward to getting to know you all.

• cannapreacher
      Participant

Greetings, Sisters! I’m MC and I’m pleased to be in this space. I’m married, with children, and I’m investing in myself these days. I understand the importance of my mental health after experiencing post-partum depression. The experience changed my whole outlook on depression! It especially changed the way I see it viewed in the black church. I’malso a cannabis user and an entrepreneur.

• Regina Renaye
      Keymaster

Yea from my experience mental health issues aren’t viewed too well in the black church.

• lisarobinson67
      Participant

What an amazing group of women you all seem to be!! I am feeling so honored and so blessed to be among you and be walking this journey with you Sistas!

• Regina Renaye
      Keymaster

I agree @lisarobinson67 !!

• anmiller
      Participant

Hi all! I’m Alexandria and I’m happy to be here. I’m living in Boston and getting my PhD in clinical psych specializing in Black mental health, anxiety disorders, and acceptance-based/CBT approaches (including mindfulness!). What a cool platform. I hope to be able to recommend to clients in the future!

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.